looking for simple tractor plans

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coulsea

Reaction score
I am looking for plans or just line drawings of a very simple early tractor. here is a youtube video of the sort of thing that I am after . it is an open crank single cylinder, basically a traction engine with the steam replaced with an IC engine. I don't need a faithful recreation just something in the style of. I have built a few open crank engines and now want one to drive itself along. A very simple drive train and no castings would be good.

Happy hunting

Attachments

• 2 (1).jpg
    2 (1).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 421
john, that is the sort of thing but I would use a more basic engine. All I can find is the pictures like the one you have of the actual tractor, there are the engine plans but that's not the bit that I want.
Andrew

Andrew, you can find complete chassis drawings of this in "The Shop Wisdom of Rudy Kohoupt vol. 3.

It may be a good place to start & you could design or pick the engine.

John

Maybe worth asking Leslie Proper if he has any info he would pass on
Rudys Stirling tractor is just a simple ladder frame chassis from memory 1/2 by 1/4 alloy u section I would need to measure up my model

My little tractor on its first run

cheers and good luck

Please check out Frazers build log he did a magnificent build with his tractor..

John

Sorry l can seem to find frazers build log on the forum ?

[QUOTE="fcheslop
My little tractor on its first run

[/QUOTE]

fcheslop !!
Can you tell me the engine information in the video?
Hot and cold cylinder diameter?
stroke of piston ?
engine type ?
Thanks .

I am building the exact tractor you pictured. It is still in the building mode. I have a few pictures on this site. Search 1913 Fairbanks Morse Tractor. You can see a !little more on my web site: www.thekilmerplace.com .

Latest posts

Back