Looking for plans for Cox radial model airplane engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is way I plane to make a small engine cylinder.
Using all standard thread size. It also a standard glow plug.

Screenshot_20210111-155744_Drive_edited.jpeg

Dave

I would like to correct the misconception about supercharging two strokes. By raising the exhaust bachpressure along with the intake pressure they can be highly supercharged. Snow mobiles are commercially available with turbocharged engines. The Rolls Royce Crecy and the Napier Nomad were a supercharged two strokes. The engine pictured below developed around 800 hp with nitrous oxide injection.

Lohring Miller

DSC_0529.JPG

Rats. I tried to order the 17/32-40 tap from EX model engines but they are out of stock. I sent them a message asking if they were getting more in. Did anyone actually get an order in? I know other Cox suppliers still list the tap but have no stock and don't intend to get any more.

You can make a insert using 3/4" NF and single point the 40 TPI most lathes this easy to do. You use Aluminum or Brass. Note if use Aluminum and Aluminum body the insert may not come out

Dave

Rats. I tried to order the 17/32-40 tap from EX model engines but they are out of stock. I sent them a message asking if they were getting more in. Did anyone actually get an order in? I know other Cox suppliers still list the tap but have no stock and don't intend to get any more.

Shopgeezer. I managed one. At least they acknowledged my purchase and payment.
Maybe we started a run on the bank ;-)
Ken

Back