Looking for a UK supplier of BA fasteners

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malcolmt

Reaction score
Hi Folks

After spending many hours searching Google for a UK supplier of BA fasteners (Hex head steel) in bulk ie boxes rather than 10's or 20's I have drawn a complete blank !!!!!

Any ideas ?????

Kind regards

Malcolm

Hi Kenny

Thanks for the link, Unfortunately no joy with that one.

All the best

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Try Macc Model Engineering Supplies:

http://www.maccmodels.co.uk

45a Saville Street,
Macclesfield,
Cheshire.
SK11 7LQ

01625 433938

They advertise BA items in quantities of 100 - I guess they would be only too pleased to quote for more.

Ian.

P.S. I'm a satisfied customer.

Malcolm,
Try

http://boltmeup.com/

The phone number is on the home page. The site only shows metric but ring him. Lee is a good bloke and if he cannot supply Ba will tell you who to speak to. I have bought several times from him and cannot beat his prices. I bought over a thousand nuts and bolts at m3 and m4 for less than thirty quid.
Ignore the web prices just speak to him or his missus.

Julian.

I'll second EKP, they actually make the fixings so can supply in bulk although their catalogue only lists them in 100s. I think they supply several of teh other ME retailers.

Jason

Hi Malcombe ,here's anoyher one; www.pts-uk.com, I got some metric screws from them, they show imperial stuff on their site but not sure about BA sizes, it says other dimensions on request!, but anyway, I'm a happy customer!

Giles

Hi folks

:bow: :big: :bow: :big: :bow: :big:

WOW !!!!!!!

Is it that British suppliers don't get their sites listed on google or what.
Thank you for all the excellent information, I had never heard of most of them. However that has answered my question admirably.

Kind regards

Malcolm

Malcolm
You are bang on with your statement about British suppliers not appearing on google or other search engines.What is wrong with these people? If you are going to the bother of making and selling useful (and in the case of B.A. fixings, ever more hard to find items) why dont you advertise CLEARLY.You might as well nail a poster to a tree outside your shop for all the good some of your web listings do.

Word of mouth is a good way of getting business,but unfortunately people dont talk very much now,nor do they walk much either so that makes your shop sign pointless as well.The internet is the first place people look for information now and after they get little or no response from it the other options are slim.

Rant over

best regards Steve C.

Back