Looking for a good way to learn solidworks

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Peter
My old version is still running
Waiting for my reply to you from yesterday to pop up
Give it a go and enjoy

Being a US veteran, allowed obtaining a legal copy of SW 2020 for USA $100, well worth it! Used to be $20, but oh well.

As for learning to use it, any & every time I want to do something new, I simply google the description of the new topic and find multiple youtube videos on that topic. One caution though, watch all of them, some of the presenters have a bit of a problem communicating clearly, as well as some speed through the demonstration, which of course can be handled by stopping and going back over the recording.

Being a US veteran, allowed obtaining a legal copy of SW 2020 for USA $100, well worth it! Used to be $20, but oh well.

As for learning to use it, any & every time I want to do something new, I simply google the description of the new topic and find multiple youtube videos on that topic. One caution though, watch all of them, some of the presenters have a bit of a problem communicating clearly, as well as some speed through the demonstration, which of course can be handled by stopping and going back over the recording.

You can change the speed of the Youtube video too. Go to Settings, then Playback speed. Speed ranges from 1/4 to 1 1/2.

I've been using AutoCAD for work doing electrical design since R10 and then AutoCAD Electrical. I purchased a 3D printer about a year ago and needed a 3D software package. I downloaded a copy of Fusion 360, which is free for non commercial use. I've been very happy with it. Plenty of YouTube tutorials. It's cloud based, so you need a fast internet connection. I'm proficient using about 10-15 percent of the features. I'm building an electric furnace with a ramp soak PID controller, so I can cast aluminum, heat treat and burn out for investment casting. I plan on trying lost PLA casting and try some of the fancy investment casting printer filament. I've been wanting to build a Sugden Special for a while (about 40 years). My apprenticeship at Heenan and Froude all those years ago has been very useful....

Latest posts

Back