Look what followed me home

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrslogs52

Reaction score
IMG_5518.jpeg

Tool post order then I can start on the Anzani

What a great gain for you!!

What a great loss for the college and students!
Who would possibly believe that teaching online, especially technical hands on, would be a good idea??

Rant off.

Anything Hardinge is top notch, and you will love using it!

Sid

What a great gain for you!!

What a great loss for the college and students!
Who would possibly believe that teaching online, especially technical hands on, would be a good idea??

Rant off.

Anything Hardinge is top notch, and you will love using it!

Sid
Thanks Sid,
It is absolutely a loss for the students. In addition the instructor retired because of the change.
I was VERY fortunate to find the Hardinge HLV! Spend many hours running one before I retired.

So nice!

I know on social media the little Monarchs have quite a following but I would step right over one for a Hardinge HLV like you have now.

Please tell us more. Do you get any tooling with it?

I believe that belongs in my shop right next to my Hardinge UM. I will take delivery at your soonest convenience.

Wow, that looks like one of those few great scores one gets in a lifetime. More pics please.

John 🇨🇦
Thanks John,
I have to finish the new DRO install on mill my Dad bought new in 1976. then I can finish the Hardinge placement. Even on roller I was able to run the lathe:)

So nice!

I know on social media the little Monarchs have quite a following but I would step right over one for a Hardinge HLV like you have now.

Please tell us more. Do you get any tooling with it?
My shop instructor in collage 1977 liked his Monarch but said that he would get a Hardinge now. I worked as a toolmaker and CNC machinist for too many years not get an HLV-H for my shop. The Harding came with some insert toolholders, collets but someone took the quick change tool post off the lathe before I bought it.

I believe that belongs in my shop right next to my Hardinge UM. I will take delivery at your soonest convenience.
I don't blame you for wanting Hardinge lathe. So I'll try and remember to send it your way when I'm finished with all my lathe projects

You lucky chap, DROs and everything, any tooling with it (chucks etc)

Best Regards Mark

Latest posts

Back