Longboy's "OVERTIME" I/C Twin

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Dave
That is one nice looking engine. The black with the polished accents really set it off. DAMN I wish you worked from plans, or that I could work without plans scratch.gif. What can I say; it looks great, it runs great, and doesn’t have a big clamp holding it to the bench. Looks like I’m going to have to go over your build again.
I want one . . . .Thm:

Reactions: gus
Glad you enjoy the build log Bob and others. Not to minimize the challenges of scratch builds, I wanted to make this presentation with many photos and a text in a fashion of how a shop instructor might explain how its done. It helps the hobby as novices find the HMEM web site. I find from building Stirling engines that from just a single photograph of anothers work, I can build because I know what has to be where without seeing the total model plus some internet research of standard designs. Sofar with single and twin inline gas engines, that faith is working...... If you can make standard model engine parts and, in my case with open crank engines, mount to a framework as they should be, I'm hoping others can benchmark with facsimiles of Overtime using their own skills and methods of construction.:) Dave

Last edited:
Back