loking for an affordable CNC router

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscardinal

Journeyman Pattern Maker
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm looking for an affordable 4 axis CNC router that can handle RenShape for making foundry patterns. A table size in the neighborhood 12"x15" is preferred, and a height greater than the 80mm (3.14") they all seem to have. I'm not looking for a kit or DIY type machine, turnkey only. My budget is around $3k delivered.

This is not for heavy production use, so I don't need a HAAS, Tormach, or similar. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chris

post contained a link to the poster commercial web page and summarily removed by
adimin

I will recommend k2cnc online site to you because of they provides quality elements such as servo engines, perfection ball nails, and firm straight line guide tracks. They use in-house CNC generators and lathes to generate perfection parts out of aircraft-grade 6061 metal on all our devices.

There is an Aussie guy who made an open source router that can be laser cut and it clips together like mecanno. It might need a few spot welds. It runs a normal Makita router. I know you say you are not interested in a kit but it is a pretty easy build from the DXF files if you send the to a laser cutter.

I would have a link to it buried in my in box somewhere. Send me a PM if you want to look at it in more detail.

Latest posts

Back