This is what I have. This would be a perfect steam motorbike platform for your Locomobile. There is a lot of length to lay the engine horizontally, like a Stanley engine. I would love to build the frame in aluminum and have it clear anodized. This would make a handsome contrast with the bronze metals.
I, Thanks for this new possibility of applications, and generate sommes questions.
- what is the source and age of this bicycle article ?
- and it's possible to operate it with CO2 gaz?
and for mnay, i have search the article in steam review and unfotunately i have not find it.
Its be possible to have copie of this article of stanley steam car?
Not too much exciting to show, but I completed a couple of handfuls of parts.
I machined the valve end connections, the nuts to move the steam valves and the top brackets that hold the cross rods. I had to make the brackets as an addition because they normally would have been part of the castings but I am machining from bar stock and changing the design for my convenience in addition to scaling up from the plans
I had previously build the pistons for this engine with the intent of making a carbon teflon rider ring in the center of the piston. I decided to go back to the original plan and machined a couple of pistons from cast iron. I will be making some cast iron rings next.
I made 4 cast iron rings to fit the pistons, using the wing-it method.
I machined the rings .050 over size, but with the correct radial thickness. I then machined a mandrel to fit the id of the rings after they were split and compressed, then turned the od to fit the cylinder bore.
they worked out perfectly and I got them all on without breaking one.
All of the parts have been machined. I was not patient enough to deburr and paint everything and wanted to test run so I deburred everything and assembled from the top down. I took me awhile to figure out how to time the valves, but it worked the first time I put air to it!!!!!!!Finally