Loading potos without 90 degree rotation problems

Discussion in 'HMEM Forum Support & Suggestions' started by bobs7-62steamair, Apr 5, 2018.

Help Support HMEM by donating using the link above.
  1. Apr 5, 2018 #1

bobs7-62steamair

bobs7-62steamair

bobs7-62steamair

My cell phone camera will take perfect pictures for posting on this web site WITHOUT the pesky 90 degree rotation problem I have experienced in the past by making one minor technique change. I just ROTATE the cell phone to the Landscape position , take the photo and then download to my computer saving as a jpg file and attach to the web postings without difficulty. I am far from a computer genius but just wanted to pass along if anyone else is having this problem. Computer is equipped with a touch screen windows 10 system.

JCSteam likes this.
  2. Apr 5, 2018 #2

JCSteam

JCSteam

JCSteam

I don't have access to a computer at home so unfortunately it's a no go for me, but I have the same issues you describe

3. Apr 5, 2018 #3

gld

gld

gld

Load your picture in Windows Paint to check orientation. Change as needed and save.

4. Apr 6, 2018 #4

Cogsy

Cogsy

Cogsy

Moderator Moderator Global Moderator

All the photos I post are taken with an iPhone and I don't have any rotation issues with them - as long as I remember to orient the phone in it's preferred directions when taking the photo. My wife, who is left handed, nearly always holds her phone 'upside down' when taking landscape pics and has no end of problems (understandably) with incorrect photo rotation.

5. Apr 6, 2018 #5

gld

gld

gld

I forgot to add , even tho the picture my load in Paint with the correct orientation, click on (save as) using the same file name and that should strip the phone orientation off.

6. May 18, 2018 #6

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Global Moderator

The new software we are transferring to tomorrow night will allow for you to rotate photos.

bazmak likes this.