little twin from aircon pump

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the engineer

Reaction score
hi this is my latest project it is originally an denso airconditioner pump lots more to do but it has good compression and at the right times it will have flywheel ignition (solid state) once i know it runs the overhead gear and supports will be lightened and finned pistons have been machined for oil rings and oil drain holes 10 mill plugs will be used
carb, ignition, and oil pump, cooling (it has a lovley water jacket cast in) to go.
call me daft or a waster of time and the wife wont feel lonley but it has been fun to now

denso full.jpg

denso twin.jpg

denso top.jpg

Hello Engineer,
That looks nice! A form of recycling!
What is the capacity of the engine?
The only time I used a "recycled" part, was a crankshaft from an old sewing machine. Makes nice crankshaft for little engines.
Now I wil continue working on the clinders from Mastiff.

Nemt.

What a fascinating way to create a unique engine. Thanks!

BW

Absolutely amazing!! Whare did the cam spend it's first life?

the cams were two old three horse briggs bored up the centre loctited and grub screwed on a central shaft cc is bore 50mm stroke 29mm x 2 =113cc so it wont be a rocketship gears are briggs crank and cam
flywheel and magneto will be modified stihl or ryobi
reason for edit i have measured the cc and have used johnsered blower ignition

great news it runs have to make some oil rings smokes a little when cold but otherwise fine little runner now for the finishing

100_0857.jpg

100_0858.jpg

den2.jpg

den3.jpg

Back