Les Chenery's Monosoupape

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem Andrew...It is really a nice casting, that is why I posted it here.. Nine hours does not seem out of ordinary..Everything in metal working is a slow go, but the end product usually makes up for it.......................

Yeah, well after mucking around with that faceplate, I gave it to my Dad to use, and bought another one to preserve the set up for him. He's working quick on the project- it's only taken twenty years for him to start it! I've done my case, crank, covers, cylinders and cams. Still a long way to go; I bought a "Britan" repetition lathe in the end, 'cos doing things by nines can get tedious.

I've just ordered a casting from Andrew, now I need to buy a set of drawings. That is the correct way to do it isn't it?

Can anyone tell me from where to buy the Cheney drawings?

Thanks, Richard

I am posting these pictures for Andrew as he is having a hard time doing it...I will take the one that is part done!

Attachments

• IMG-1617.jpg
    IMG-1617.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG-1618.jpg
    IMG-1618.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG-1619.jpg
    IMG-1619.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 208
Thanks, Joe! I'll try to get some more of the conrods, cams, pistons etc. I'd forgotten how much I'd done!

I got my plans from John and casting from Andrew. I have to say that this is the *cleanest* casting that I think I've ever seen. I've got some pretty nasty looking ones that are so bad I seriously wonder if there will be massive voids inside. But the one from Andrew looks like it was made in a factory that casts for nuclear reactors or something; a whole new level. Very nice.

I'd be interested in one of the castings if you still have any left.
Martin

Martin,
I think I got the last one that he had from his initial run of 10 (or so). However, it sounded like he may be interested in making some more. I would PM him directly. Andrew is a nice guy that is easy to work with. Getting several people interested in the castings might help push the project to viability.

I'm interested. I emailed but never got a response.

Hello gpcoe! I'm sorry I didn't respond- I would simply not have seen your mail; it's not a case of apathy, I can assure you. The first batch was for five, the foundry made six (a common foundry stunt) and bearing in mind the cost of fuel there and back, anything less than five or six crankcases isn't worth doing. I'll gladly note your want, and if the numbers start adding up, I would be delighted to do it again. You are the second chap to enquire, so a fortnight on, we're already one third of the way there.

-Andrew UK

Latest posts

Back