Les Chenery rotary engine 1:5

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that’s great. Then I could use this mashine right.

We have one of these machines in our club, it took a while to understand the principles and make a few finger attachments and now it's a joy to have cutting tools that really cut. Enjoy your really lucky.
Brian.

Attachments

• Clarkson Cutter Grinder Manual.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 105
689BE583-13D2-4E81-9D49-16F73FA36A49.jpeg

I bought a new tool. A Komet holder wit a 0.9 mm tool. It’s a class of its own. It work perfekt.

How are you tightening the cylinders onto the liner to make sure they are tight and always line up correctly? A wrench that uses the spark plug hole perhaps?

Why I must do this ? My English isn’t so good. I put the cylinder onto the lathe and first I though the front and zero my display. Then I make 5 fins . Near the spark plug while I have an other deep of the fins . I made a drawing with fin numbers and the right deep of them.
I hope that I have understand your question???

Sorry, now I understand your question .🤔
Before I started this, I put the cylinders complete into the crankcase. Then I mark at each cylinder the position of the plug. This tool I use for getting out the cylinder.
6CC957DE-8BB2-49C3-8CDD-0B1DA19CE5A1.jpeg

In the Model engineer I found this. There was a article.

Ahh, very good, thank you. Exactly what I was wondering about. Ist es leichter auf deutsch, die Frage zu antworten?

Yes, German ist easier .
Yes, you have to install all cylinders an then you can mark the line for the plug.

Für mich ist das einfacher.
B59072BD-4BE8-44F0-9A06-5D5CADFDEBDF.jpeg

Not perfekt but ready. Now I’m looking for new problems. 😂

Could somebody tell me something about the propeller and the rmp and the total weight of the engine. I will calculate if flying a plane is possible.

I have seen (i.e. on the internet somewhere) a model flying with a home built rotary. I believe it was a freelance design engine with accurate scale 'Gnome' external features and internals designed for added durability. IIRC the aircraft was an Avro 504.

The Bentley is a bigger engine with a lot of power. I have the book an plan to build it.
The gnome does not have so much power. If I the rmp and the prop size I could calculate the thrust . And the weight from the engine.

Back