Learning to use an Android Tablet

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucketn

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
O.K., I moved into the current or near current tech century. I got an
Android Tablet. Even though I retired a few years ago as a computer tech, and I did support a cart full of ipads(educational scenario, public school IT), I was not exposed to Android devices.
I understand the App concept, and have managed to get my Android connected to my network.
What I can't conquer, is signing into my forums with the tiny window, and the cursor not moving from the user name block to the password block. For the Android users here, how do you manage to log into a forum on the tiny screen?
Chuck

If I understand the problem, you have to tap on the password space to move the cursor there, then just type in the password.

Jim

You can also expand that area of the screen to make it easier to see by dragging thumb/forefinger apart motion.

HMEM has an app that makes it somewhat easier to manage. Tapatalk for most other forums.

What I can't conquer, is signing into my forums with the tiny window, and the cursor not moving from the user name block to the password block. For the Android users here, how do you manage to log into a forum on the tiny screen?
Chuck

Try Tapatalk. It is designed to read forums. personally I'm not fond of it on my tablet so just use the web browser.

Also get Chrome browser if you have not already.

I installed Chrome and tried the workaround (Chrome::/flags etc) but it seems that my Samsung Tab2 does not have the hardware to support WebGl which is required for Onshare. I would like to buy another Samsung tablets since most of my other equipment is Samsung.

Can anybody suggest a Samsung Tablet that will run Onshare?

Jim

The nexus tablets seem to be good because they're right at the front line of android development. I just stuck android 5.0 on mine the other day.

I installed Chrome and tried the workaround (Chrome::/flags etc) but it seems that my Samsung Tab2 does not have the hardware to support WebGl which is required for Onshare. I would like to buy another Samsung tablets since most of my other equipment is Samsung.

Can anybody suggest a Samsung Tablet that will run Onshare?

Jim

I can't say I know anything about WebGL, but it appears that it it is required to run Chrome. I have a Samsung Tab S with Chrome on it, so I assume it works.

I'm really happy with the tablet.
Steve Fox

Latest posts

Back