Lathe Moving Dolly

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have problem with spell check.
I just do not proof read most post.
The ones that complain about spelling needs the information the most. But that is what they hang there hat on.

Dave

Yes I think your right..Are you a teacher.?

I have problem with spell check.
I just do not proof read most post.
The ones that complain about spelling needs the information the most. But that is what they hang there hat on.

Oh, I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining - on the contrary, I was pleased to have the opportunity to make a feeble attempt at humor. :)

According to my wife, all of my attempts at humor are feeble ...

You seem to have quite the mystery - especially if you're saying that the garage GFIs pop when you're running it on the non-GFI from the house!

Fingers crossed that replacing the switch solves the problem, but even if it doesn't, I'm sure this can be diagnosed and fixed. Invisible gremlins start to haunt things once much in the way of electronics is involved, but motors and switches are simple enough that they don't show much interest.

At the moment though, you have more important things to do!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Will
Will, thanks for your good thoughts, Had a pacemaker put in last Wednesday and came home Thursday afternoon. Feel great, been walking one mile each day . As far as the switch goes I have tried to call/ e-mail the electrician. So far no answer, might be on vacation. He hasn't received payment yet so I will try again tomorrow.
mike

Last edited:
Will, thanks for your good thoughts, Had a pacemaker put in last Wednesday and came home Thursday afternoon. Feel great, been walking one mile each day . As far as the switch goes I have tried to call/ e-mail the electrician. So far no answer, might be on vacation. He hasn't received payment yet so I will try again tomorrow.
mike

Greetings Mike, I missed that you'd gotten back online. Hope you're doing well, and I'd love to hear what the eventual resolution of this is!

Greetings Mike, I missed that you'd gotten back online. Hope you're doing well, and I'd love to hear what the eventual resolution of this is!
Better late than never. I was delayed in posting til an hour ago. Pacemaker went great , no problems at all. Walked 2.2 miles this morning. Electrician told me after checking everything possible the motor is bad. Removed the motor and took it to another repair shop. Matt from Park Electric had called before I even got home. I called back and he told me the motor was fried. He also said the first repair shop could not have looked at the motor at all. Ordered new motor and installed it 3 days ago. The motor worked in reverse but not in forward. Did not trip GFI or breaker. Electrician had me up and working in 30 minutes or less. Most of the delay in posting due to the tropical storm that wiped out power for a week.
The electronic information on the label riveted to the motor was upside down, Scott took a picture and found the label was slightly different from the original. He swapped a wire or two and I tried the lathe, works perfect now. Only difference in the motors is the original body was cast iron, new motor is cast aluminum.
Thanks to everyone for their help and concerns
Mike

Last edited:
...Pacemaker went great , no problems at all. Walked 2.2 miles this morning...Most of the delay in posting due to the tropical storm that wiped out power for a week...He swapped a wire or two and I tried the lathe, works perfect now.

Delighted to hear that you, your power, and your lathe are all back up and at it!
Best wishes,
Will

Back