latest loco running on steam.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

compound driver 2

Reaction score
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pN4nvyL_1Rs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pN4nvyL_1Rs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The latest loco running on steam for the first time. Still a bit on the stiff side but running well in forward and reverse.

Now that is looking very nice and running nice. Is that what is called 3/4 size? Just started to think about building Kozo's A3 switcher. That would be a first loco for me. Again nice loco.

Not a bad showing CP2. :eek:

It's things like this that make it all worth while!

Beautiful work indeed!

Rick

Hi
The gauge is 3 1/2 inch and the scale is roughly 3/4 inch to the foot. Its more than capable of pulling a grown man round a track with good coal and careful use of the coal shovel. It likes a bit of blower when standing still but with some load the exhaust should keep the fire drawn nicely.
That all said I doubt it will be run that much on the track as my Atlantic is a far better passenger hauling loco.

thanks guys

Cheers kevin

Looking good Kevin but stop playing with these toy trains and get on with the Mac + Ploughing engine ;) :p

Jason

Jason,
the front and rear axel steel is on the bench for the Mac along with the smokebox tube. I had to take a secont look at the tube as I cut the sheet for it. Its 14 inch long and 12 1/2 inch diameter !!
Iv not put the axel steel on the scales but im guessing 40lbs just in bar. The boiler maker recons 189 kilos for the boiler or 416lbs. I can see hwere the 15 hundred weight comes from for teh finished engine. The boiler for the Mac makes the Burrell boiler i have here look small!

Still up for that tug a war lol

Still up for that tug a war lol

Only if its up against the 2" Minnie. Must get down to have a look at what you are upto and see the opposition in steam, couple more weeks will see the large kitchen project out the way.

Hope you are taking plenty of pics for us all to see.

Jason

jason
your always welcome to come down the tea pots manky and covered in steam oil but the tea tastes reasonable. Best bet is look thirsty infront of Jackie she makes hygenic tea.

I have to admit to having bitten the bullet and bought laser cut horn plates for the Mac, at almost 2 foot square and close to 1/4 inch thick I didnt fancy the pile of hacksaw blades id go through!
Theres no doubt about it Terry has made a cracking set of drawings available in the 4 inch Mac ones id have no problem recomending them to any one.

Im off to the workshop for some weight lifting.

Back