Lanz tractor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes having looked at my drawings l am in need of the missing dimensions as well ,apart from the crank ,have that bit sorted now ,pm sent to tornitore45.
wes

Hi, sorry not replied, so busy before Christmas. 1/2 of the stroke is 22 millimeters.
The Belt dimensions I don't have, haven't done them yet.

Yes l can not seem to find all the fuel tank sizes on the drawing as well ,if you get time tapsa can you post them up please,may get time over the holiday to make a start on the tank.
wes

Hi all, just when I thought to spend time in building the Lanz tractor, I got sick. Been in bed with bad flue.
Anyway, wish you all Happy New Year,
Tapsa

Wish a speedy recovery, you can't start a new year sic.
Went through the drawing to make a Bill of Material with stock blank sizes.
Turns out I have 1/2 of the metal already but the rear wheels blanks and all 4 tires are difficult to source

Happy new year.

Get better soon tapsa,and a happy new year to you

Hi, getting better slowly, some tiny parts done.
Tapsa

Hi, now I can update new photos from my work.
Tapsa

lanz242.jpg

lanz243.jpg

lanz244.jpg

lanz245.jpg

lanz246.jpg

lanz247.jpg

lanz249.jpg

lanz249.jpg

lanz250.jpg

lanz251.jpg

lanz252.jpg

lanz253.jpg

lanz254.jpg

lanz255.jpg

lanz256.jpg

lanz257.jpg

lanz258.jpg

lanz259.jpg

lanz260.jpg

lanz261.jpg

In some parts in drawings have not found dimensions.

I think that most of De walls drawings can be a bit like that ,plus he tends to cram to many on each sheet ,just my opinion,but then his drawings are free , and when l mailed him with a query he mailed back just fine and seems a dam nice chap
wes

The drawing have several missing dimension, but most are not critical and can be eyeballed since the details are scaled. All said the drawings are worth much more that what we paid for.
I found the ball bearing dimension impossible to source so I had to verify that what is available on the market could be adapted in.
One observation is that, except for the Modulo 1 gears, all gears and racks dimension do not conform with the gear theory. There a couple of Modulo ~1.35 which is not standard either as metric or Diametral Pitch.

Yes tornitore l agree with you ,the gears look a bit hit an miss ,as for the bearings l am going to use a mixture of metric an imper ones and with luck sort it out as l go,going back to the gears l intend to use 16 dp for the bull gear set up,thou l am not in to deep yet with the model but make a couple of bits as a change from my steam tractor ,plus have been given a book an plans of a steam donkey engine by W M Harris so have been gathering bits for that as well ,yep l know to many projects at once,but do find that if you have more than one on the go there is always something to do while waiting or saving to buy metal etc.

I am still working on the Edwards 5 radial engine but collecting data for the Lanz.
I review the metal requirements against the stock available. I like to have or locate a source for any hard to find or expensive part before I start
Great minds think alike.
I found I have a couple of bearing and use the closest metric or imperial I can match.
For the gears:
The Bull gear as specified turns out to be Modulus ~1.36 or DP=18.7 neither a standard. I plan to substitute a pair of 17/50 teeth Modulus 1.5 which gives me practically the same Center-to-Center distance and gear ratio.

Parts 2-14 and 4-27 are to all effect racks, even if made with a circular cross section.
The circular pitch for a Modulus one gear is 3.14 mm NOT 3.5mm
My guess is the the original design needed clearance for using a 13mm OD instead of a 12mm as required by a 10 teeth gear and the fact that the gears are cut wit straight flanks.
Pinion with less than 16 teeth are a bit problematic but these applications move only a fraction of turn as snail pace.
I plan to cut gears as theory mandates.

Hello, have had many work projects at the same time and had time to do only some small parts. So that's why I had to take a break with Lanz. I will update some photos shortly.

This is as far as I got a month ago. I started from the wheels because I did not like the originals. I considered my design the most difficult part so I tackle them first.

I have to question for anyone that can shed some light
1) Have you sourced the two belts on anything close? Would you share the source
2) Part 1-11 on page 3 called "motor block oil channel" Can not find where it goes.
IMG_0139.JPG

I think more models of vintage tractors would be made but there are apparently no drawings available. I would like to made a model of a Rumely Oil Pull but no drawings can be had seemingly.

hello
we see the 1.11 mark on the right, I made this tractor
LANZ-A3-SHEET-08.jpg

Latest posts

Back