lantern chuck, a must for modelers.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadianhorsepower

Reaction score
DSC_04991.jpg
DSC_05051.jpg
DSC_05071.jpg
DSC_04981.jpg
I did build the Lantern chuck after trying to shorten 4/48 screws
and grinding my fingernails or burning myself.I did make a couple of adapter.
at the end of the threaded rod I put a 6/32 allen bolts this allows me to secure
my parts really tight and it doesn't interfere if I want to use the set up in the lathe
or a collet chuck. enjoy the pictures;)View attachment 106865 View attachment 106865
DSC_04991.jpg

This is a little different than most I’ve seen. Is the 3/8 bolt there to push the pressure plate forward?

This is a-bit of beautiful workmanship, so how do you walk up to a grinder with it? That would just be asking for an apprentice mark or two in my case.

This is a little different than most I’ve seen. Is the 3/8 bolt there to push the pressure plate forward?

yes the bolt is to put pressure on your bolt. The empty area is pretty large, the bolt adjustment allows me to put any type of bolt
even a nail would be tight when the 3/8 bolt apply pressure

This is a-bit of beautiful workmanship, so how do you walk up to a grinder with it? That would just be asking for an apprentice mark or two in my case.

It serve two purpose, on let say you want to file the end of a 4/48 bolt to make a carburetor adjustment screw,you would
put your bolt in the attachment and put the attachment in your lathe to machine your screw.
if on the other you have a bolt with a burr on the end that need to be remove. put your bolt in the attachment and
gently grind a taper on your bench grinder . it would serve as a high end vise grip.:):)

Back