Kudos to Lathemaster

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillH

Reaction score
When I received my Lathemaster 8x14 lathe, the cross slide leadscrew was bent very slightly from shipping. I gave Bob a call and he promptly sent me a new leadscrew.
When I received the new leadscrew, it was not properly fitted to the nut that was already on the lathe. It binded and was tight. I took a file and began to fit the leadscrew and nut to each other and eventually got a pretty good running fit, but not perfect. At the same time I also left a voice mail on Bobs phone. Bob then sent me an email saying that he was sending me a fitted nut in the mail.
Well now I am thinking that the new nut he is going to send me won't fit the leadscrew...
Well I just received the box from Bob, and he sent me a whole NEW leadscrew AND a fitted nut. I just placed them in the lathe and all is good!
Bob really went out of his way to give me A++ customer service. Just a satisfied customer!

He managed to impress my wife as well. Hard to do.

I'm sold on the business. I'll use him no matter a dollar or two if he has something I need.

the personal touch is sorely missing in most businesses,
Kermit

Forgot to mention, he even sent me a cutoff tool holder for my troubles. Great guy.

Lathemaster are awesome to deal with. I was fooling around with some gearing ideas and called Bob to see what an extra set of change gears would cost. He sent me the 2 I was looking for at no charge because he had enjoyed reading my web site.

FWIW, their keyless chucks are excellent and well priced. I own 3 of them.

Love my Lathemaster 9x30 lathe!

Cheers!

BW

Back