Quantcast

Kozo A3 in 1.5" scale

Help Support HMEM:

B36Peacemaker

Reaction score
That's a shame. How much would you sell it for?

You might have luck putting it on the Discover Live Steam website.

kvom

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I have about $4K in it out of pocket. Would sell it for that. The tender is not an A3 tender and would be additional $900. For the time being I'm not going to the track because of the pandemic.

johnnyo

Reaction score
I too had started this engine in 2008 and let it sit in my shop for maybe seven years or so while I built many other models. I finally picked it up again last summer after visiting the Finger Lakes Live Steamers and Steam Town in scranton, Pa. I took advantage of the stay at home orders and got it running on air. I am now designing the boiler and using many resources from these sites and steam clubs like The Cinder Sniffers. I have read many build logs, yours included KVOM, and learned much. I just got the Australian model steel boiler code and started reading up. I have seen these boilers built many ways right down to one with 1/4” thick tube sheets and only 3/16” plates. Can I ask you KVOM for some insight to your build? I have a few questions and would love to share my knowledge and experience so far. Heres apic or two.
Thanks
Johnny O

Attachments

kvom

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Sure, ask away. I had my boiler built by Godshall. The error in the plans for the steam dome location was a bummer though.

Your build looks quite far along already and high quality. I see you have the axle pump installed. I was advised against it by experienced people at our track.