Knucklehead Drawings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack, It might be better to put them in the "downloads"section of the site as I believe it allows more room for files.

Ron

No, he posted them in the "Plans" section of the forum in a thread under "Jacks Knucklehead Plans"( FREE)

Ron

Looks like an American motorcycle V-twin circe 1950s? - Maybe "Hardly Ableto", or Indian? I thought "knucklehead" was American slang for someone who thought with his fists? But I'm a Brit, so know nothing of these things...
K2

I thought "knucklehead" was American slang for someone who thought with his fists?

Maybe I've lived a sheltered life (as an American) but the only times I've ever heard the term knucklehead, it was either an insult, like calling someone an idiot, or a specific Harley Davidson engine.

The engine @Felix attached seems to resemble a knucklehead in some ways, but not all. I'm not sure it is one.

But the only thing I know less about than car engines is motorcycle engines.

Help !!!!

I've started to upload drawing files in .zip and .pdf, (OUT OF DOWNLOAD SPACE AT 15 ITEMS) What do I do????

Jack
Draw-Tech

Jack, depending on what software you have for creating/editing PDF's, you can try using "Reduce File Size." I use Bluebeam Revu and have been able to easily get a 50%+ file size reduction with minimal degradation in quality (I like to embed photos in some of my drawings to make the assembly easier to visualize, but they can really bump up the file size).

Charlie

Thanks; I have Dropbox, but a lot of people (and companies) don't either like using it or don't allow its use. Reducing the file size generally works for everyone.

Thanks again,

Charlie

I would be interested in downloading that set of flathead drawings. Send me a message and I will provide you my personal email and you can send them to me directly. Thanks for your consideration. I also see that the original thread was from 2014 (?)

Hi guys, I’ve been riding Harleys for 30 years, I have a replica engines 1/5 scale knuckle head engine , see pic and they are great little runners. Does anyone have the flathead (sidevalve) engine drawings at all? I’d love to have a go a building one. Thank you.

Attachments

• 0E35AE36-4842-49DB-AC56-CC2FEDE012D5.jpeg
    0E35AE36-4842-49DB-AC56-CC2FEDE012D5.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 166
So what is the reasoning behind a Harley D side-valve engine being a knucklehead, and the insult? Or are the riders called Knuckle-heads, or the cylinder heads held on by some Knuckle device? Google tells me it means idiot, or half-wit. - So that suggests the engine was designed by an idiot, or preferred by half-wits, or something? Or maybe it just means it was a very simple engine?? Anyone know?
K2

The Knucklehead has those 2 exposed rocker bolts / nuts on top looking like knuckles on a fist . The Knuckle head was also Harley's first production overhead valve engine .
animal

Latest posts

Back