Kinner Progress

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vk2dj

Reaction score
Progress has been slow this past few months due to another project, have completed the rocker boxes & then started to grind the cams i then found out that i had made an error in the design of the grinder the ratios were all wrong i had a friend redo the layout on his cad program & found that i had to move the indexing head to the correct distance from the pivot point this entailed a complete strip down of the grinder to achieve this i also had to redesign the grind head & motor mounts this done i proceeded to do a test grind i then found that i had to much lift 70th instead 50th this entailed the making of a new master cam which when trialed gave me the correct lift i am now in the process of grinding the cams will post sum pix when i remember how to do it
Gary

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_0267_resize.JPG

IMG_1603_resize.JPG

Hi Gary,

The look is great !!!

Very nice job!!!

Cheers,

Alexandre

Just completed cams out of silver steel not shore weather to harden them or not concerned weather they might distort can any body offer any suggestion's i will make the cam followers next out of the same material which could be hardened

IMG_0274_resize.JPG

IMG_0275_resize.JPG

IMG_0276_resize.JPG

IMG_0281_resize.JPG

Hi,

This is a very nice an professional project! I would be interested in purchasing a completed engine! By the way, is there anyone who made supplemtal drawings to create the Kinner B5 on the basis of the K5?

Hans, Switzerland

Back