• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

keyless chuck

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMyers

Reaction score
⅜ keyless chuck with ⅝ shank.
$55 shipped within USA

Are you interested in the chuck or just increasing your post count?
No where do I mention nor imply it is an Albrecht. But it is a decent chuck surplus to my needs.

Last edited:
I have a 0-1/2 chuck with a 1/2" shank that is almost certainly by the same anonymous maker. It is a perfectly good chuck for what we do. I have had occasions where the shank came loose when under a heavier load with bits larger than 3/8. I have an Albrecht that I use most of the time, but its minimum is 1/8.

hmm, wonder if it can be mounted to an mt3 shank? sort of interested in it if it can be

edit - looks like it says 2jt on the side right? is it easily removable from its current shank or is it pretty solid pressed on right now

Last edited:
I have several of these chucks in various sizes on R8 and MT2 and had no problems with them and on the + side no key to find ,some have no name others have a well known lathe manufacturers name but look and perform the same. Purchased 2014 payed no more than £35 from new

hmm, wonder if it can be mounted to an mt3 shank? sort of interested in it if it can be

edit - looks like it says 2jt on the side right? is it easily removable from its current shank or is it pretty solid pressed on right now

I shrunk the arbor in. So it's a solid interface.

I would trade for an ER20 collet holder with a #2 Morse shank

what about an e32 on mt2?

also, reason I asked about solid pressed on is id like to mount it on an mt3 shank

Would like ER20 or 25. Personally I wont try to remove the shank (chuck in oven @ 225° F and shank in freezer at -4° F then assembled). But it was a separate shank I installed.

Last edited:
Back