Kero burner?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen

Reaction score
Has anybody built a kerosene burner for a long narrow firebox? Where did you find plans? How much is the operating costs? Pluses? Problems?

My roller has a 8" wide x 18" long firebox. I've been thinking about changing it over from solid fuel because the 3/4" tubes will probably soot up pretty quickly with softwoods and coal.

Allen,

Some 50 years ago I operated a boiler with a diesel burner, any of the boiler companies should be able to help you. The one thing I do remember was the boiler had an explosion door fitted in case of flame outs. It worked a treat, blew soot and crap all over the boss in his nice white uniform. Reason........ a pigeon had built it's nest in the flue hence lots of flame outs prior to KABOOOM. I was only an apprentice but my 2 weeks stoppage of leave and pay, were I think given more for laughing at the bedraggled mess which had seconds before, been a picture of sartorial elegance, than for the actual event.

Best Regards
Bob

Last edited:
Bob,

Worth it though, I would love to have seen that one. Rof}

Back