Keep Logged in

Help Support HMEM:

awake

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
dsage, I'm glad it helped! As far as your login info already being populated, that's not done through cookies, but rather through Firefox's system for keeping track of frequent log-ins.

awake

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
SirJohn, as I recall, you have to go into the Internet Options section of settings, and tell it that you want to change search engines. Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly how to get there from within Windows 10 - but if you type Internet Options into the search bar, it will probably serve up a link to the right place.

awake

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I may have gone completely brain dead. I followed all the instructions on how to get to chrome/settings/privacy/site settings/view permissions and data stored across sites, found Home Model Engine Machinist, deleted the cookies. The site still requires that I log in every time I use the shortcut icon I just created to access the site. this is making me crazy. I don't want to have to log in every time I visit the site.
Brian, two ideas - one is, there are generally two sets of cookies for the site, and both have to be deleted. IOW, if you scrolled down the list, found HMEM, and deleted those cookies, you missed some. :(

The other idea may be grasping at straws, but if you did delete both sets of cookies and are still having the same issue, you might try deleting the cache. I don't use Chrome, so I'm not sure where that command might be - usually in the same vicinity as managing cookies.

If neither of those work ... it may be time to try FireFox. :)

reichpaul630

Reaction score
One thing that comes to mind is to be sure the "stay logged in" button on the login screen is selected.

HTH, Paul

stackerjack

Reaction score
I use Google and that won't stay logged in either. I just had to log in again to post this message. However, when I go to Log In, the details are all ready there, so I don't have to remember anything.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
After a few times of logging in, it should remember. And to do the second set of cookies for a site, to to Chrome or Firefox and look for the cookie deletion extension. Choose the one that allows you to clear cookies for only the page you are on for a specific tab you are viewing. That gets the second set of cookies.

Clearing cache will help, but will clear out a lot of stuff you may not want cleared.

And I found this for the Google instead of Bing issue.

How do I change from Bing to Google in Windows 10?
Microsoft introduced its Edge browser with Windows 10 to replace Internet Explorer as the default search engine. Edge sets Bing as the default browser. If you want to change it to Google, first click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of your browser. In the menu, choose Advanced Settings.Aug 14, 2018

Latest posts