Keep Logged in

Help Support HMEM:

BobsModels

Reaction score
Hi
Ever since the new system is up, I cannot stay logged in. I click the box and it works for the day, but when I turn off the pc at night, next morning not logged on?

Bob

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Can you try it again. I reset a setting that I think will make a difference.

BobsModels

Reaction score
Hi
It did not work. I did narrow down the issue a bit. when I kill the browser (explorer) and bring it back up the log in is gone. So nothing to do with pc on and off.

I tried one other thing. I have Chrome. That was worse. It got to your site but then a ad came up about email account. I killed that and pushed your log in button and it said Oops! ....problems, refresh page. I did that and then log in worked fine. I could open and close the chrome version and stayed logged on.

I do not like the Chrome version so would prefer to stay on Explorer. My guess is it has something to do with cookies. I am not super knowledgeable here.

Bob

BobsModels

Reaction score
Hi
I found the privacy section. So right now if I go to that section it says cookies accepted from your site. I still wonder if I need to delete your cookie and let your new site rebuild it or something?

bob

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with log in, and it's a pain in the arse. I don't want to have to log in every time I look at HMEM>

Cessnadriver

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I am having trouble too. I can get in the site through email I receive but I can’t get in through the App?

It won’t recognize my password?

awake

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
In the other thread referenced above, Angie said that the app is no longer available with the new forum software.

Angie, once again, thanks for your hard work on this forum. This sort of thing -- different bugs for different browsers and users, trying different settings and hoping it doesn't mess up others, etc. -- can chew up enormous amounts of time and frustration. DAMHIKT!

BobsModels

Reaction score
OK, I have explorer 11, went to internet options, browsing history-view files. Saw a lot of Cookie: files, not one that had homemodelengine or any variant, home depot, hobbytown etc. I could just delete them all but I would rather not.

What is the specific cookie name for this site? Maybe I can search the entire pc.

Thanks

Bob

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I use a Chrome extension that will allow me to clear cookies that are for the tab I am on at the time. So that clears one forum if I'm on that page. Firefox has the same type of extension. IE, I'm not sure but the cookies ID for HomeModelEngineMachinist are what I see via Chrome.

1585854053585.png

BobsModels

Reaction score
Angie

Yes I have Chrome also, and I see those same cookies if I go into its setting area. I just do not like chrome it is from my perspective terrible to set up and use.

Guess when I move to Windows 10 from 7 eventually, I will need to move to a different browser.

Still cannot find anything on Explorer, guess I will just log in when I wish to respond or start a thread.

Thanks for trying to help

I give up!

Bob

awake

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I use Firefox, and here is how I cleared the cookies:

Click on the three-bar icon in the upper right corner that pulls up the various options. Click on Preferences, then on Privacy and Security. Scroll down to the Cookies and Site Date heading and click on Manage Data. You'll see a screen like this:

Screenshot from 2020-04-03 12-34-34.png

You'll note that I've typed in "homemodel" in the search box, and that pulled up two sets of cookies. Click on the button that says "Remove All Shown" and voila, the cookies are cleared.

Last edited:

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I may have gone completely brain dead. I followed all the instructions on how to get to chrome/settings/privacy/site settings/view permissions and data stored across sites, found Home Model Engine Machinist, deleted the cookies. The site still requires that I log in every time I use the shortcut icon I just created to access the site. this is making me crazy. I don't want to have to log in every time I visit the site.

BobsModels

Reaction score
Brian
As I mentioned I have Chrome also and it works fine I just can't stand the Chrome system. Its my Explorer 11 that I cannot get to work, so as I said "I give up" and will just login if I choose to comment.

As I learned way back in the late 60's as a software/hardware person - it really is all magic! You need to feed the PC some treats now then.

Bob

dsage

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Awake:
Your instruction worked for Firefox. But from the three bar pull-down menu I had to select "Options" (the gear icon). Then the rest was the same.
Thanks for the idea of searching for "homemodel" because I went through this a few days ago and was faced with hundreds of cookies. I managed to find only one to do with HMEM (got tired of scrolling down the list). I deleted it and it did not help. I guess both is important.
Thanks

Not sure about anyone else but re-loggin in was only a minor in-convenience. Once in the login dialog my username and password were already populated and I only had to press the "login" button. Maybe that was becasue I had only deleted one cookie?

Thanks.

SirJohn

Reaction score
Awake:
Your instruction worked for Firefox. But from the three bar pull-down menu I had to select "Options" (the gear icon). Then the rest was the same.
Thanks for the idea of searching for "homemodel" because I went through this a few days ago and was faced with hundreds of cookies. I managed to find only one to do with HMEM (got tired of scrolling down the list). I deleted it and it did not help. I guess both is important.
Thanks

Not sure about anyone else but re-loggin in was only a minor in-convenience. Once in the login dialog my username and password were already populated and I only had to press the "login" button. Maybe that was becasue I had only deleted one cookie?

Thanks.

SirJohn

Reaction score
I just purchased a new PC with Windows 10. It came with Microsoft Edge and search engine BING. Bing is a pain in the ass and seems impossible to get rid of. Use to have Google on old PC and then tried Chrome on the new PC but BING kept returning. Not pleased with Chrome as it is very invasive and is not rated as being secure. Question is how do I eliminate Bing so I can install a search engine of my choice and not that of Bill Gates?

dnalot

Project of the Month Winner !!!
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same problem with Bing until i got rid of McAfee

Latest posts