KBMM-125 Question.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castellscl

Reaction score
I have a KBMM-125 hooked up and working on an X2 fully manual mill. How would I go about adding a Forward/Reverse for the stock motor? I'd like to be able to run my boring bar head backwards to do a few unconventional cuts that I don't want to buy the extra tooling to do. If I can reverse the direction, I just have to turn my tool around and would be able to cut in a reverse direction.

I've tried a DPDT (fwd-stop-rev) switch with the A+/A- hooked up with some jumpers and what not in an attempt to reverse the wires, but I still just spins CW. Don't worry, I ALWAYS hit the e-stop switch to shut the matching down when doing anything except turning the speed control knob.
This DPDT switch worked fine for a forward and reverse with the factory board, but doesn't with the KBMM-125.

Any advice?

Last edited:
This is how I had the DPDT switch wired before with the factory control board when it worked for forward and reverse. Nothing was wrong with the board when I replaced it with the KBMM-125, I just wanted the extra torque the new board provides.

Attachments

• DPDT.JPG
    DPDT.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 198
Back