k 27 wheels

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All, sorry for the long absents it's been a rough year. The worse is I had a stroke, but I am overcoming it. Here is a picture of some of the things I have worked on. I have had to learn a lot of things all over again. Hopefully, this year will be better.

Attachments

• DSCF0582.JPG
    DSCF0582.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 314
Hi All, sorry for the long absents it's been a rough year. The worse is I had a stroke, but I am overcoming it. Here is a picture of some of the things I have worked on. I have had to learn a lot of things all over again. Hopefully, this year will be better.

Glad you are better. Strokes are nasty. Had one in 07 and had I had to relearn much.

Well, I have had a couple of days to work on my Loco. Things have been slow for me. But I have overcome my stroke fairly well. I still have a lot to relearn but it is coming along pretty well. Here are a few pictures of the trucks for the tender. The truck frames were a fun project to do. I milled a lip on the backside of the gigs so that they would sit on the top edge of the vise. to many part to try to hold all at one time, so that made it a lot easier to work with.
DSCF1445.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF1446.JPG
    DSCF1446.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF1449.JPG
    DSCF1449.JPG
    302.5 KB · Views: 129
Here is my jig and how I held it on the vise.

Attachments

• DSCF1453.JPG
    DSCF1453.JPG
    277.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF1451.JPG
    DSCF1451.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF1452.JPG
    DSCF1452.JPG
    329.2 KB · Views: 121
Here is the work I have got done, Things have been slow for me but I am still trying. I will be away for awhile, I am having another surgery On the 5th of April. I have about 10 more parts to make and a lot of silver soldering and then I will be able to start the tank.

Attachments

• 1794.jpg
    1794.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 0
It's good to see an update, I'm glad you're still plugging away at it & the parts look GREAT!

Best wishes & good luck with your surgery!

John

Back