k 27 wheels

Help Support HMEM:

dalem9

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Wizard .Not as many as it my seam .The brass flat stock and some of the bar stock is the only things I have had to buy that are really costly ,with the new traffs it has gone why up. . By casting the larger brass things I have saved alot.I have a friend who is a plumber so I get all his old brass fixtures . I had to build my furance and aquire some tools .But I have done very well at keeping the matrial cost down .I get alot of metal at a scrape yard also.Thanks Dale

Ed

Reaction score
Well I have learned to use Fusion 360 .Here are a few of the parts I have made .This is just 2D Now the next thing will be 3D .Also here are some pic. of the ash pan.
Nice going Dale on learning Fusion.

dalem9

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Ed . We need to get together. Have lots to show you. Like to see your projects too.

Ed

Reaction score
It's getting hard to leave my Wife.I want to get together also. I'm working on the poly wag. It's under finished projects poly wog.

dalem9

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I fired my loco... Good and bad, everything worked good. The cyl. leaked a lot though, through the solder joints, I think I will put a sleave in the passages from the valves to the cyl. All in all not to bad.More work for this winter!

dalem9

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
No, I have not. But I am willing to help you any way I can. Thanks

dalem9

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I have finely got some time to work in the shop. The leaks in the cyl. are not as bad as I thought. Here are some pictures of my PSI gauge. Making the bourdon tube was a real chore. The glass is a watch crystal.CH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

Last edited:

Ed

Reaction score
Nice job Dale. I'm still here playing a little in the shop. keep up the good work of a master machinist.

mohavegun

Reaction score
I take the photos as a functional pressure gage, what kind of a movement did you put in it? That would be a neat concept to share!

delalio

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
This is an impressive build and you should be very proud!!

Keep the pics coming...

dalem9

HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
I take the photos as a functional pressure gage, what kind of a movement did you put in it? That would be a neat concept to share!
I made everything but the glass from bar and flat stock. Thanks

Latest posts