Just signed on

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernd

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick note. Got here via a CNCzone link. Nice place you have here Rick. Thanks for starting it up. Have been looking for a place like this for a while and haven't found any decent ones.

Have worked in the machine tool industry for over 30 years and am now retired to pursue my hobbies after I finish up the house I'm building ( for the last 10 years ::) )
You can check out my website (it's in my profile) and see some of my "huge" projects that I've been working on.

I've got 2 steam engine projects "started" a coke bottle engine from PM Reseach and am scratchbuiling the "Slider" from Elmer Verburg's plans. Both have been in "progress" for a couple of years. :eek:

Hope to be able to contribute here to the collective group.

Regards,
Bernd

Welcome Bernd. I'm pretty new here myself, and new to machining. These guys have been a great help in getting me started. Project pictures?

Bernd,

Glad you have joined the board. Look forward to your posts...

Chuck

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Jpowersny2, pics can be found at my website. Just click on the little world under my name it will take you there.

Rick,

Took a quick look at your site. I see you have a G4000 also. I was very disappointed the day I set mine up. Couldn't even cut on it. Still haven't been able to get decent threads on it. I've got some plans to do some modification to it sometime. The biggest problem was with the feed mechanism. It bound something terrible. Discovered an alignment problem. Glad I picked up a 10" Logan in good shape to do finer work.
I also see you have what is similar to the Grizzley mini-mill. I changed my mini mills lead screws to inch from metric. It's documented on my website.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and I hope I can contribute something useful to this wonderful site.

Regards,
Bernd

Back