just joined

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum!

At 17, you should have the market cornered when you enter the job market. At 42, I find myself being the young guy in most shops.

Kevin

roadrage17,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks guys :) . seems like your all a bunch of great guys .
see you around

roadrage

"Got to say this is an excellent site , could browse on it all day ..."

For sure! it's about since 1 year I accurately browse this forum almost every day, always reading "recent" posts.
I still haven't found the time to buy my lathe and mill but... soon I'll do that, if my job will leave some time for me.
I'm italian (as You can imagine reading this) and in Italy, in most of forums, even if doesn't exist here this great specific hobby, everyone use to be so much polemic and aggressive with each other.
Here You can find peace, friendship, and a lot of great machinery men !!! I feel like our famous 1800 writer "Emilio Salgari", he used to write books about the most far countrys and places such as Malaysia, Antilles, Caraibi.... but never went out of Italy!
Anyone of You ever heard about "Sandokan" ? well, now i guess I know a lot about lapping, drilling, milling, counterboring..... but never put my hands on a lathe !!!

Welcome roadrage17:
Do not forget there are a few gals in this hobby and a few on this board. This stuff is easy any 5 year old can do it with 10 years experience just be smarter than the metal. LOL
Cheers
Tin

Welcome to HMEM, roadrage.

Chuck

Welcome to a great source of information and a very friendly bunch!

I see you are making a wobbler. If it is of any help to you I made a couple of wobblers from plans in Model Engine Builder - issue 1. http://www.modelenginebuilder.com/issueone.html just before Christmas and put a photo below for you to see which one. If you want to see the thread on this forum the link is

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=3196.0

finalwobblerpics10112008018.jpg

Good luck on starting out on a great hobby (and maybe career.......) I only wish I had started at your age I would have over 40 years experience by now!

very nice wobblers , yeah gave me a lot of ideas...
ive already started mine shud have it finished in a few weeks cant wait, very exciting .
Also i was told by my boss i had to help some students finish there air engine off, i thought that was a bit weird , i got to see that running.
my aim is to make a radial engine for a bi plane my dad built.

thxs mick gave me some ideas :)

Good luck with the radial. I think they are smashing engines and in my wish list of builds. There are several good designs out there so make sure you start a thread here to cover the build.

Back