Just Getting Started, Part 1 (metalworking shows?)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rongee

Reaction score
Hi,

I thought I'd ask individual questions in separate threads, rather than mix them together. I'm brand new here, so I hope I'm not stepping on any rules.

As I said, brand new here and just getting started. I've got a thread up in the Introductions that talks about my lack of, well, everything metalworking these days, but wanting to get started.

I'm trying to gather up resources to help me learn, so my first few questions are going to be about that.

In the land of woodworking, where I've spent most of my time over the years, there are shows that you can go to where you can see presentations and get deals (sometimes) on equipment. I haven't seen anything like that so far looking online when it comes to metalworking. I'm certainly interested in building engines, but I'm also looking for more general home shop things as well.

Are there shows that are recognized as "places to be" for metalworking as a hobby? Could be regional shows or just local swap meets, I guess.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'm happy to do further legwork.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back