Just completed my first engine a Webster

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JW,
The threaded piece above the condenser is my method of starting it. I wrap a string around and give it a pull.

Bill

Hi Gus,

Nice to hear you have your material. The items that I would take my time with are the cylinder bore, piston diameter try to keep the piston .002 of an inch smaller than the cylinder bore. The piston rings also need to be a good fit to the piston ring groove and the cylinder bore. Valve stem to valve guide clearance and made sure valves seal when closed. Hope this helps let me know how things are going or if I can help.

Best Regards
Bill

You really got a show off there, real nice work and more attention to detail than I have ever seen, I could not open either site of see it run or the plans, might be something here is the US that won't let me see them, thanks for the show us, would love to see it run, thanks again, Joe

Great detailing and a nice runner - very impressive - for your first engine ? doubly so.

Regards, Ken

[QUOTE = "Richard Hed, post: 349748, membro: 39773"]
Sembra il mio gatto.
[/CITAZIONE]
Ciao è meraviglioso e mi piace, ti chiedevo è possibile avere i disegni per la costruzione, vorrei farne uno. Grazie

Webster plans can be found here Model IC Engines
Thanks Zebdog: a couple of copies added to my compendium of models to make... but I can't live long enough to make them all... But I do enjoy seeing the drawings (like reading a book, or music - if you can!). Different designers "kill the pig" in so many different ways - I'm fascinated by it all.
More plans please! (not CAD - had enough of that at work - I use a pencil and paper and calculator! - That way I understand things so much better.)
Thanks! - K2

Latest posts

Back