June Project of the Month

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arnoldb said:
taking the old elbow engine to a whole new caliber.

Very droll Arnold, very droll.

Well once again a most unexpected pleasure thanks to those who voted it in and thanks to everyone for their kind comments.

I was genuinely surprised to find it on the marqee this morning coming as it did after Doubletop's excellent engine.

In case anyone thinks I'm a "gun nut" I'm not - I don't even own a gun (but I do have several marksmanship medals - but that's another story). The cylinders unadorned are unmistakably like a revolver cylinder and I simply let that theme continue (or get away from me - take your pick).

For those who maybe haven't noticed a full set of plans are avilable in the downloads section if anyone is interested in building it or simply using the design concepts for their own take on the Elbow Engine".

Whatever. Once again many thanks.

Regards,
Ken

It's OK, Ken, I qualified expert marksman in the USAF, twice, and prior to the first I'd never fired a real gun before. Don't have to be a gun nut to appreciate their beauty and mechanics, or know how to handle one =)

In other news, beautiful engine! I can only aspire to be so good some day.

-- Ryan

Congratulations Ken.

A well deserved honor. I saw it coming! Interesting project, well conceived and well presented.

Jerry

Congratulations Ken...well deserved recognition of a beautiful and creative engine.

Bill

Hi Ken, that is one very beautiful little motor. One of these days I am going to start something that complicated. Again Ken, congratulations on being the June 2012 project of the month winner. Great Job! ! ! ! !
George

Top Job Mate
Congratulations on a well deserved POM
Pete

Back