July's Engine of the Month

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powder keg

Reaction score
Well we are into July. There have been some great engines on here lately. One that has got allot of response is a LTD Stirling made by Twinsquirrel. This is a very nice engine. There is a build log and video HERE for you to look at. The pictures tell the story better than I can:eek:)

finished-LTD.jpg

Great job David!!!

Keep after it, Wes

Nice one David ;D ........... very well deserved

CC

Very nice, I don't know how to word it but I like how the simplicity contrast with the contures. Very artistic.
Tim

A worthy engine, without any doubt. Congrats TS!!

Steve

Congrat's David.... Now do you think it was your videoing skills or just the superb quality of your engine?? ;D

I'm thinking just the stills would have been enough! .... Glad you made the vid' though ;)

Very nice, I don't know how to word it but I like how the simplicity contrast with the contures. Very artistic.
Tim

I think 'Retro-futuristic styleee' Was almost agreed upon by the creator and I :big:

Nice to see the thread back up and running too ;D (who's changing the picture?)

Once again David, congrat's (you know that raising the bar thing I was on about...!! ;D )

Ralph.

Well, I'm very honoured and humbled, thanks for nominating me Wes!!

Since were are nominating I'd like to put forward the 2 chucks horizontal singles from Bretk and Gailinnm I just love the sound they make and of course Ralphs' gorgeous "steam engine 001".

David

Hey !
That's a cracking piece of work. A well deserved win. :bow: :bow: :bow: :fan:

Malcolm

Congratulations David. You earned and deserved it.
Gail in NM,USA

Wow! There sure have been a lot of engines completed in the past few days. It's really hard to keep up with them.

That's a very elegant LTD David. Nice craftsmanship. Congratulations.

Great engine...one of a kind :bow: Very creative and elegant looking.
Congratulations,

Cheers, Phil

Twinsquirrel said:
Well, I'm very honoured and humbled, thanks for nominating me Wes!!

Since were are nominating I'd like to put forward the 2 chucks horizontal singles from Bretk and Gailinnm I just love the sound they make and of course Ralphs' gorgeous "steam engine 001".

David

Well, how stupid do I feel!!!
08.gif
I kind of got the wrong end of the stick there didn't I. I've never really been very good at receiving praise.

Thanks ever-so-much Wes and everyone else.

What a beauty!

It's always fun when somebody does it "just a little differently".

Cheers!

BW

Have to agree, an excellent engine. As I think I've said before, anyone who gets one of these LTDs to run deserves a medal in my book! Mine barely runs with ice on one end and fire on the other, never mind from a cup of hot water!

Funky design too!

Nick

Latest posts

Back