July Project of the Month

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
This month we are featuring Elmer's Grasshopper engine made by weez!

60868d1363392230-elmers-grasshopper-cimg4623.jpg

To see the build of this amazing engine please follow this link.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f43/elmers-grasshopper-20344/

Congratulations on a superb build, and well deserved recognition.

Great to log on and see one of your engines featured as Project of the Month.

#25, #19, #37 (Star of the show) and #2, What next?

Kind regards

Geoff at Inky Engines

Excellent engine, congratulations on the well deserved honor!

Congratulations on the project of the month. Funny thing, when I was on my desktop computer earlier today, your engine was next to the banner, but on my ipad, it still has the previous months picture.

Paul.

Great looking engine weez, well deserved.

Thank you everyone for the compliments and kind words. I am very proud of this engine but I was surprised to be picked for project of the month. I have not started my next engine yet because I have some household projects that need to get done first. I seem to get engrossed in engine building and start putting off other things that need to be done. I'm sure I am the only one here with that problem.;) Geoff, I am pretty sure my next engine will be Elmer's Comber Rotary Engine.

Steve,
It's there. You are probably displaying an image from your cache. If you are using Firefox right click to the right of the photo and click reload.
Gail in NM

Great looking engine, Congrats!!

How come it's not at the top of the home page.

Steve, Thanks for the compliment. Are you by chance using an IPAD?
Funny thing, when I was on my desktop computer earlier today, your engine was next to the banner, but on my ipad, it still has the previous months picture.

Nice work weez.. Glancing at the cylinder and valve chest inspired me to get offa me date,and finish my 1/16 stothert and pitt beamer..Again, nice job mate

Weeze,
Nice job!
I have one small critique which is minor but it always bugs me. Phillips head screws were first used around 1940 (correct me if I'm wrong) and just never looked correct on a steam engine.
I'd like to know what others think about this.
Respectfully,
GM

I like it. Nice one Weez

Pete

Congratulations Weez, nice engine and well deserved award.

Jim

HI:),
Very well done Thm:Thm:Thm: WEEZ, great Workmanship. I was surprised at how smooth it runs when it going fast.

Very nice engine. I have always had a thing for beam engines.
ron2, Houston Tx.

Latest posts

Back