July Project of the Month

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to thank all of the members of the team that helped build this engine - there was superb craftsmanship from each of them:

chrispare - our ring leader as it were ;D who also took on the front bearing housing
Path - who kindly redrew the engine in CAD and made me and others some very nice pistons, wrist pins and cylinders
Maverick - made that very nice flywheel you see in the picture and the brass nut, and collet, and the con rods (allot of stuff!!)
warranator - an excellent crankshaft (made on a very neat machine no less) and the return crank for the valve
dalem9 - some very nice cylinder heads and provided the copper air tubes as well with extra material
T_ottoboni - made the steam chest cover for all and cylinders, pistons and wrist pins for some others. Nice work and thanks for the key chain!
joe d - the orbital valve and port flange and steam chest - nice work
I made the crankcase (my apologies to warranator again for the delay in getting one to him)

I hope I got that all right :)

We did have a couple of setbacks - my opportunity to join was created by ill health of D_tanner and a particularly sad set back in the build as we learned of Pascal (pcw) passing away.

Thanks to all involved again and thank you to the forum and Rake60 and the other moderators for choosing this team build as the project of the month. I now need to go and add a karma point to each team member for this build. Lastly - if you have an opportunity to join a team build and feel capable I say do it. It was allot of fun.

Mike

Glad you guys had fun....and thanks for sharing that!

Dave

To all the members that took part in this team build, You can hold your heads high and puff your chests out. You did an outstanding job and overcame several setbacks along the way.
ThankYou.gif
This build ran for 487 posts and has been read over 36,000 times and rising. No doubt this build will be looked many more times and be used as a model for future team builds.

Cheers :)

Don

Great team build guys and a very worthy project of the month,

It was interesting to follow the build and see the team jell together.

Congrats

Stew

Great job guys.
Beautiful engine. Will look great in the collection

Mike

Thank you and congratulations to all who participated in this magnificent engine building. Everyone did an awesome job and worthy of the Project of the Month.
I recommend everyone to participate in a team build when you can: It`s great! ;D

Wow, what an honour. Thanks to everyone who participated in this build. I will post some pics of my finished assembled motor with a different mount to ottoboni.

What a nice surprise ... :)

I was very busy in July/Aug/Sept and somehow missed the great news.
Just bumped into another team build thread today when I noticed that we had won for the of month July ! :eek:

I was fun and I learned a lot ... the members workmanship was fantastic.Thm:

To think that this was a world wide effort ... Australia, Brazil ,Canada, Netherlands and USA (I think I got all of them!). Let's not forget Stew Hart in UK ... provided drawings and a lot of insight.

Thanks to all ... :cool:

Pat H.

Back