Joe Tochtrop Castings 2cyl overhead cam

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman92020

Reaction score
I'm sure many of you remember Joe, who passed away in 2015. . I was able to rescue his model engine castings and patterns after his death. For the past year I've been completing four of his partially built Wall motor and recently started a fifth.. It is Joe's version of the 1930'd Wall Mariner Duplex 2 cycle, which Joe redesigned as a 2 cylinder overhead cam 4 cycle. . In the assortment of castings I found enough left to comprise 6 casting sets. . Here is my partially made project as I work through Joe's notes and plans. I did not find where Joe actually sold this kit although he did display one for the BAM's magazine. One of his friends in San Francisco also had one he built. . any others out there?

2 cylinder castings 004.jpg

2 cylinder castings 003.jpg

2 cylinder castings 002.jpg

2 cylinder castings 001.jpg

Hi great looking engine. Are you selling casting set?

Did you obtain the Economy ENGINE patterns too? Are you selling this kit?

I have 6 sets of castings for the 2 cylinder [$395]
2 sets for the Economy[$295] and 1 set for the Atkinson [$395]
Prices include shipping in USA only

There are some individual castings for these but not enough to make a full kit.

I have all of Joe's patterns. They are looking for a home also. Joe also had
kits for model airplane engines but I have no plans and only partial kits for these.

Joe also had a water pump kit. No one seams to making one anymore.Any plans to make any them.
Ken K

I've had requests for both Economy kits. one sold, one on hold pending payment.
Last Atkinson is now sold also. . .
All of the patterns are awaiting pickup and payment.

I received the Economy Casting Kit today. Wow super fast shipping! The castings appear to be of excellent quality and I can hardly wait to get started machining them. They were packed very well and arrived in pristine condition. I am quite pleased with Dave's service and would not hesitate to purchase from him again.
Lonnie

hi john here would you be prepared to send at my cost a twin casting kit if still availiable to newzealand sent you a pm but no repy so iwill try and contact you through here regards john

Hi, I bought one of these kits on ebay with the plans. However I have misplaced the plans..... oops. Is there any chance I can get a copy of yours?
Thanks,
Matt

Hello,
Any chance of getting set of drawings for the head hence i have the engine kit
Thank You
Alec Ryals

Latest posts

Back