January Project of the month nominee needed

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powder keg

Reaction score
Its almost a new year and time to pick a new Project of the Month. First three Builders will be voted on. I'll be out of town till Sat. I'll start the poll then. Everyone please have a safe holiday.

Thanks everyone for making this possible\o/

Hello.
I´d like to suggest Manfreds Flame Licker.

3497469.jpg

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=7003.0

Regards,Ralph

I'd like to see Zee's latest creation, the Elmer's Horizontal with the reversing gear on the list. Hey, with such an artistic and humorous video, who could resist. Of course we sang the song a bit differently, using unmentioned body parts as the theme. Rof} Rof}

BC1
Jim

I nominate KVOMS Liney Halo. His persistence in getting it to run is admirable. Plus it's a neat little engine.

Ron

Oh yeah. put Zeep's on that list.

bearcar1 said:
Of course we sang the song a bit differently, using unmentioned body parts as the theme.

Ha, I thought it was just me. ;D

Thank you Jim very much. This is great fun and if I've added to people's enjoyment of the forum...that's a win in itself. Not to mention all the input and congratulatory remarks when 'WE' finished the project.

If there's a low note...it's that I think there's a few other projects that deserve to be nominated. I don't wish to open the wound again...but I'd be happy if people could nominate in private and let a few moderators or administrators determine if they meet the criteria for a 'Project of the Month'. The first 3 entries just makes it too much of a timing race...and half the world might not be able to participate. I'll keep mum now.

bearcar1 said:
Of course we sang the song a bit differently, using unmentioned body parts as the theme.

I never thought of that...and no one can say my life is that clean. ;D

Carl....
Modesty is a great virtue.... and all that..... but the nomination stands on its own merits. De pipples has spaken and we think you earned it kiddo. Win or lose, you have earned the adulation of many.

Steve

Adulation!? Now, that's pushing it, don't you think?

Sympathy, shared grief, maybe even a little respect for sheer dogged stubborness persistence. But adulation for someone who sizes stuff with candy? A wannabe gearhead who actually reads the instructions? Have you no sense of perspective?

:big: :big: :big: :big:

Seriously, Carl, I can't think of anyone who so thoroughly typifies what this forum is all about. Your willingness to let it all hang out in a public venue and your quickness to pick up on what was suggested to you (including discarding the manual) and use it to turn out a really professional looking product is truly admirable.

If anyone deserves recognition, you do. To paraphrase an old cliche... When honor is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it.

I have to agree with everyone else, Carl.
You earned it. You paid for it with your determination to see it through to the end.
Shut up and deal with it :big:

POM isn't, and shouldn't be, a beauty contest. Sure, many are pretty to look at. But I think the builder's attitude and persistence and spirit should count just as much, at least that's the way I determine who to vote for.

Congratulations to all the nominees, whoever they may be.

Zee Good Job

Deserves

Zee Just Reward

Zees is zee opinion of zee members including me.

Best Regards
Bob

Seriously, Carl, I can't think of anyone who so thoroughly typifies what this forum is all about. Your willingness to let it all hang out in a public venue and your quickness to pick up on what was suggested to you (including discarding the manual) and use it to turn out a really professional looking product is truly admirable.

Ditto

Phil

What everyone else said Zeee !!! Putting yourself out there (naked so to speak ... :D) for all to see goes a LONG way ! :bow: :bow:

We have all been there with our own projects, but have been too shy to let the world in. You did, so enjoy :)

I DEFINITELY, WHOLE-HEARTEDLY NOMINATE ZEEEEEEEEP !!!

Mike

Back