Jan Ridder's Pulse Mobile

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Kevin. My Lamina is back on the shelf awaiting more fiddling to get it running properly.

With what appears to be a lack of theory on what you have to do to make this type of engine run, you have to wonder about the first person who persevered to get the first one going.

A hearty congrats Kevin !! Your whoopin' & hollerin' :big: on the video reaffirms one of the reasons I like building engines - seeing them run for the 1st time is such a thrill !!

We should have a Video of the Month category for most enthusiasm :D Yours would win hands down :bow:

Mike

Thanks alot Stan and Mike!

While I was packing the wool I thought "I wonder how many guys on earth are shoving steel wool into a test tube right now?"

Like you say, whomever went first must have been pretty dedicated.

Made the base today;

thermo%20pulse%20mobile%20019.jpg

thermo%20pulse%20mobile%20018.jpg

Hopefully final video soon...

That's looking great, Kevin.

Can't wait to see it run.

The other Kevin.

The base looks good Kevin ;D

Is that a new burner too?

Waiting for the video :D

Ralph.

Kevin, I have been following the post with great interest even though I haven't had much time to post. Congnrats on all the progress and getting it to run so well. The video was fascinating and I can't wait to see it running on the new base. I am assuming the 0-ring between the flywheel and base will allow it to spin on the base as it runs?

Bill

Kevin: The bling is overpowering. Is it an optical illusion that the crankpin is below the center of the piston? I hope you don't have the problem I usually have. I think every time I try to fancy up an engine, it no longer works. A good example is the first rough model of the lamina worked better than any "improvements" made since.

Thanks Kevin, Vid coming right up!

Thanks Ralph, I misplaced the original and made a burner which doesn't seem to burn as well as the first.

Thanks Bill, You're right, we've got the spinorama here.

Thanks Stan, Just an illusion I think. You're right about leaving well enough alone. I think I just spent seven hours getting it going on the new base.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=454049612545537776&hl=en

It was a real battle. My first post was almost a year ago :eek:

I'm sure I spent more time tweaking than Machining.

Pulling the dust sheilds I think I may have damaged a bearing cage or two. I might try ceramics.

Thanks for everyones advice, support and interest. It's a real motivator.

Have fun!

Kevin.

That's really cool, Kevin!

I like that! The rotation really adds a lot of interest :bow:

Kevin

Very nice Kevin. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Gail in NM,USA

Brilliant, :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sir Isaac would be very pleased. ;D ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks Alot fellows!

I know it can be improved but I need a little break from this rascal...

'Till the bug bites again,

-Kevin.

Impressive! That is one neat piece of machinery. Your perseverance is to be commended. Not your average Stirling. :bow:
Regards,
Ernie J

Very nice job!

Has anyone received plans from Jan Ridder lately? I requested 2 plans, one being the Pulse over a week ago and have not heard anything.

Dale

just emailed jan on friday and he sent me the plans on saturday, he is usually fast but he might be over run with requests.

just ordered the test tubes and graphite so i should be able to start on this next week.

chuck

That looks way cool

I'm only just getting into model engineering and have yet to build anything but that's just made it to the top of my 'must build' list

Cheers

Jim

That's just a beautiful runner Kevin :bow:

Nice chunk of aluminium for the base too :eek:

You take a well earned rest..... What's next? :big:

One day I may still try one of these.... One day when a day lasts about a year!!! ;)

Ralph.

kevin
i was wondering what you used for bearings in you engine?

chuck

Latest posts

Back