James Coombes Mine Engine from barstock

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really runs nice, Phil. Great sound, and a neat motion with the extra parts.
I never would have thought of blue for a steamer, but that combo you used really sets of well.
Good running, and good looking, too!

Dean

Nicely done Phil!! It has a wonderful lick in the video and the color scheme works well. Excellent work!!

Steve

Very well done indeed Phil :bow:

;D I like the colour scheme; my favorite shade of blue !

Kind regards, Arnold

A grand effort Phil - congratulations are in order.

Thanks for the complements Zee, Bob, Sam, Rick, Gail, Dean, Steve, Arnold, Tel. Your words of encouragement now and during the build are much appreciated. :bow:

Zee, the blue flywheel I originally had on the engine was one I had in the spare parts box. I used it to test out the mechanicals during the build. I have come to appreciate making these model engines in some respects like their original full size counterparts. I have a long way to go, but the spoked cast iron flywheel was more commonly found + making one makes use of the faceplate that came with my lathe and sat on a shelf for about 3 years, unused (LOL) ;D.

Dean, I saw a steam engine finished with satin finish blue last year at the NAMES show and just knew I’d use that color someday.

Cheers,
Phil

Latest posts

Back