Itunes

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generatorgus

Reaction score
Recentlty my Ipod made a tour of the inside of our washer and dryer. Not suprising, it is now useless, but my little darling ran out and bought me a new one.
Now the Itunes program doesn't recognize the Ipod, but my computer does.
At any rate, I ran the entire gauntlet of Apple help with no sucess, saving removing and reinstalling Itunes for last.
After three attempts, I get the same results. I get a message that Itunes did not install properly, reinstall if I wish to sych my Ipod.

Thinking maybe some of my security stuff was messing with it, I uninstalled my AVG, 10bit Malware, Malwarebytes and Super Anti Spy Ware.

No good, Same message and Itunes still wont acknowlege my Ipod.

Now I'm nervous about running without security and want to reinstall it, but I'm hoping to get the Itunes properly installed.

Almost forgot, I'm running Windows Vista. Any suggestions?

Thanks

GUS

Hi Gus, sorry to hear of your W/D accident. As I recall, Ipod require a registration sequence to be done on new purchases in order for the Itunes site to recognize that particular device. What did the Apple help desk folks say when you spoke to them? I would go ahead and re-install your security software as I do not believe that to be the root cause of your troubles.

BC1
Jim

In Itunes do you have use as storage device? If so uncheck it I know on Mine I have the 160gig classic when I set it to storagfe device I have to make sure it is connected to computer before I open Itunes or it wont find it but if I shut off use as storage device it works fine.

Guys, thanks for the replies.

Jim, I didn't contact anyone at Apple, I just went to their help website. I didn't see anything about registering. I think I'll try to get an answer by email.

Doc, All of my Itunes misic is stored in a seperate folder in my computer. I can play it on the computer but it is useless to the Ipod if I can't connect with Itunes to "sync" it to my Ipod.

I may also try to put a new battery in my old Ipod, it tries to respond to the compute but just goes dead. Also going thru my head is how about an auxiliary hard drive?

Confused in NE PA.
GUS

Back