it went with a bang

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krv3000

Reaction score
HI all wile on with parts for engine No 13 the forward and revers switch on me compact 8 went with a bang so can any one supply me with a wiering diagram for this lathe and can any one supply me with a diagram of haw to wire the lathe up just on a on and off switch their is 1 blue wire cumming from the motor to the capacitor then their is two blacks one with a red tag on it and one brawn wire on the other end of the capacitor their is a black with a brawn marker on it and cabled tide to it their is a nuther black with the same marker on it i dismantled the switch that was a big mastace with out taking any pics its all burnt in side i fawned the problem with the switch one of the contacts has bin moving and wearing threw the bottom of the switch and made contact with the components on the other side any help wood be gratefully received

HI tin thank you but i have the Manuel with the parts list my self but their is no diagram of haw the switch is wired up still not got it go wing i Will have a nuther go tonight with a new capacitor and see wot hapens thank a gane for the help

Hi krv,
I just had a look on the Emco 10 group, covers other Emco lathes as well. One of the guys has posted a re-wire diagram for the 10 that removes the original mechanical switch & replaces it with normal ones. There is also another file that has the wire diagram for the 10 using the mechanical switch. You need to be a member to see the files. Hope this helps. The group has lots of knowledgeable guys & like here only to willing to help if you have an issue.

Cheers Kerrin

HI Kerring thanks for the help well its ruining well sort of it needs a new capacitor I'm still gowning to get the motor checked out this is Wat i have dun to get it to run right at the back you will see in the pic the brawn witch is live in and blue witch is nutrel in with a connector block i have taken the brawn live in and the brawn form the motor and the black with the brawn tag on it from the capacitor the blue from the motor to the capacitor has not bin moved then taken the blue feed in to a connecting block and concede that to the black with the red tag on it to gether i need to spin the pulley to get the motor ruining so capacitor is us if I connect the plane black to the blue in nothing hapens ? right pics

HPIM1682.jpg

HPIM1683.jpg

HPIM1685.jpg

HPIM1689.jpg

hi all i have bin in tuch with emco and for the replasment parts is gowing to be £398.40 th_wtf1 th_wtf1 th_confused0052

krv3000 said:
hi all i have bin in tuch with emco and for the replasment parts is gowing to be £398.40 th_wtf1 th_wtf1 th_confused0052

And a new EMCO Compact 8-E is £960 retail ??? :eek:

ITS A LIVE IT LIVES ONCE MORE I got a new capacitor from RS today for £6 and with the ade of a wiring diagram from emco its gnaw up and ruining I have only set it up on a on and off switch so no revers at present I have ordered a new switch from RS emco won't £60 for their switch from RS with vat £12.78p thanks to all that have helped me

Latest posts

Back