It RUNS Odds & Ends Hit Miss

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the compliments Jack B and Doc :)

Jack B, the Maverick engine looks like an interesting project...no gears to actuate the exhaust! Very interesting.

Doc, the S/S CDI works perfect and has an exceptionally powerful spark plus Mr. Sholl of S/S Machine & Engineering is very helpful and will answer your questions quickly.

Jeff

Thanks Rick :)

Also, thank you for cleaning up my video post...

Jeff

Great job Jeff it looks and sound great. It is a real thrill when you hear that first putt, it is almost as if it comes to life. All of those hours of seeing inanimate parts and now it moves on its own. Great fun. Thanks for sharing. I've made three of these engines and do enjoy them. By the way, I believe Mr. Duclos based this engine on the Witte engine of Kansas.

Chris

That looks great! I was wondering if you had a set of plans or a deminsioned drawing I might be able to get a hold of. Even a parts list would do, and I could draw the engine to size on my Turbocad program.

Thanks,
Wesley

Thanks Chris, :) :) :)

I saw your Odds n Ends engine video and I really like the look of your engines. They sure do run nice and are just fascinating to just watch. I looked up the Witte engine and your right it has a similar appearance.

Jeff

Jeff, you have something to be proud of there not only look super but runs great, I admire you fellows for you long hours of work and attention's to detail and your share it with others, thanks, Lathe Nut

Lathe Nut,

I thank you for the compliments, :bow: :bow: :bow: but I must tell you it is your posts on the Odds n Ends engine you built that really inspired me to go for this engine as my first major machining project. I have certainly learned a bunch in my new hobby and I'm having a great time as well and of course all of us sharing our passions here just makes it better.

Thanks again...

Jeff

Jeff,

The engine looks great!!! I know it will be something that will be a source of satisfaction for a long time. I still start mine and run it every few days just to watch it. I am also glad that my work was able to encourage and motivate someone else to take on their own project.
The people on this board truly have a tremendous amount of talent and experience.
Keep up the great work!

Harold Lee

Thanks Harold,

I know what you mean about starting the engine every few days. I go to the shop and get side tracked - start the engine, watch it run for 5 minutes or so, clean the engine, repeat more than once on many occasions. Mesmerizing!!!

I really dig your video of the dueling Odds n Ends :) :) :)

Thanks again for share your work...

Jeff

Hey Guys,

My son made a Slow Motion video of my H&M that is interesting as you can see it blowing smoke rings and all the parts slinging around. Different style that you may or may not enjoy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TFn1YGL2Ss[/ame]

Jeff

Jeff,

I love it. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Oh to be nearer my shop. :'( :'( :'(

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks Bob,

I know what you mean about closer to the shop, I need a daily Shop Fix to keep my sanity...

Regards

Jeff

Jeff
That is one neat little engine and it sure runs nice. :bow:
Regards,
Ernie J

Back