Is there a time limit while writing posts

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of my attempts to post have not worked. Yesterday I logged in, within my time limit I started to reply to someone's post, spent some time adding links to the reply, then hit the "Post" button ---- Got the "you need to be logged in ..." message, so logged in. Rewrote the post ----- Hit "Post" and the window closed. My original reply window was still open and complete. Hit "Post" and logged out. Waited until today to check and it looks like the reply was never posted. This has happened before as I added photo links from PhotoBucket. I am on a Mac using OS 10.4.11 and Safari v4.1.3.

It just happened again. I think I'm still logged in.

See attached

Post_Timeout.png

Write you post in some other application - I simply use my e-mail and then cut and paste your post into the forum.

Ken

You can type a little, hit preview which should reset the timer, type a little more, repeat.

A time out can also be caused by how you log in.
By default the log in time is set to cancel out in 60 minutes.

The log in screen looks like this.

login.jpg

If you click the "Always stay logged in:" box your session will not time out and
you will remain logged in unitl you decide to log out.

Rick

I have also had the timeout occur - even though my session has not timed out.

Go to the home page (if it has timed out login) then go back and lo and behold it works again.

A bug in the system methinks.

Ken

"I have also had the timeout occur - even though my session has not timed out.

Go to the home page (if it has timed out login) then go back and lo and behold it works again.

A bug in the system methinks.

Ken"

--

Thanks Ken

Latest posts

Back