Inverted double-acting twin oscillator

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SignalFailure

Reaction score
Almost finished this one, thought I'd bung it in here rather than 'work in progress' as there's no build diary. It's a first assembly and needs a lot of cleaning up as mostly fabricated construction so sorry about the poor finish - ignore the vile fasteners too! Not yet ready to run as it needs some more amateur fettling.

IMG_1524.jpg

Looks pretty good. Clean it up a bit and show us a video of it running!

Way to go Paul! Looks good, a bit of TLC and your all set. I guess you were able to get all of the holes in that central valve column sorted out after all ;D Man that is a way cool looking engine.

BC1
Jim

Paul,

Looking Good :bow:

Reminds me of 19th Century oscillating paddle wheeler.

Best Regards
Bob

I like it! What's the bore and stroke?

Chuck

Thanks all, hope to have it running before too long, I need to find (or wind) some 3mm OD springs.

Bob, well spotted ;D, it was designed to drive a model paddle steamer (but not by me Woodguy!).

Chuck, it's 14mmx14mm... roughly!.

Great design Paul, but please shoot the pozidrive screws out. It's a little bit shocking when I see the quality of machining and finishing
th_rulze And th_wwp (more!)

Zapjack (Eur)

ZAPJACK said:
... please shoot the pozidrive screws out.(more!)

stickpoke I did say ignore the vile screws ;D I just ran out of M2.5 socket-heads (almost as horrible) and can't face making a load of cheese-head screws just yet.

Back