Introduction

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan

Reaction score
I came across a link to this board on another site and it appears to fit my interests. I have been doing machine work for a lot of years as a hobby. My full time job is caring for a handicapped wife for the past thirty years. I have built engines all the way from the gas four stroke without a camshaft to the Tesla Turbine and various steam engines running on air. Also a couple of Stirlings and a couple of Fireeaters.

Almost all of my engines started from a plan in a book or magazine but none were every finished according to plan. I used the material available and adapted machining to the equipment I had. Along the way, I made a lot of tooling (rotary table, dividing head, magnetic chuck, toolpost grinder, etc. ect.) when needed to complete a project. My current project is a long stroke oscillating steam cylinder turning a crank shaft to a 9-1 reduction powering a short stroke oscillating water pump.

My shop tools are old American (Logan 820 lathe & Benchmaster mill),
Chinese (4 x 6 bandsaw, drill presses & presses) and shop made (belt sanders). All power tools are on DC drives including an old scroll saw converted to a die filer.

I have reached the age where failing eyesight and shaky hands are satisfied when something works as planned without concern for the .0001"

welcometo theboard sounds like youwill fit in
Tin Falcon

Hi Stan, glad you joined us. I, too, have an old Logan 11 x 24 lathe. I had the ways reground a few years ago and it's now pretty accurate. I converted it to a 110 volt DC motor with a variac for speed control and a 3/8" pitch browning timing belt drive. Got any pictures you can post of some of your projects?

Chuck

Stan, welcome aboard. I too would love to see some of your models!

Did some one say pictures? Welcome to the board Stan.

Wes

Hi Stan!

Welcome to the site.

Eric

...waiting patiently to see the models you have built...

Latest posts

Back