Introduction from Indiana

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhitee93

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi All,
I wanted to introduce myself. I’ve been lurking about for a few weeks and finally registered a little bit ago.

I am an engineer by trade, but my passion has always been making things. I have been very fortunate in that for most of my career, I have had access to some great old tool and die guys who were willing to teach me, as well as free access to machine tools.

About 12 years ago I switched jobs and there were a few weeks where I lived in one city through the week and moved back to the wife and kids on the weekends. I spent those evenings in the machine shop building a PMR #3 from one of their aluminum casting kits. I had plans to build a number of engines and have them all running off of a compressed air line in my office. Well, 12 years later, my daughters are now 13 (cringe) and I still have one lonely engine sitting on the shelf.

This weekend I started on a PMR #1. I am trying to take pictures and create a build journal as I go. I know I appreciate looking through someone else’s project before I start one, and only found a couple journals out there for this engine so maybe I can help another guy out some day be exposing my mistakes. :)

At any rate, I just wanted to say Hi to the group!

Welcome rhitee, am happy you have found a home for your model engine interests here. PMR has some nice casting kits and I have a #1 waiting in the wings as well as a #5 having built the #'s 2 & 3 some years back. Will be following your build log with interest in hopes of starting mine one of these days....too many projects....too little time it seems.

Bill

Latest posts

Back