Introduction from ENGLAND

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC54

Reaction score
Hello all on this great Forum. I am from Lincolnshire, England and a complete newcomer to model/engine engineering but learning fast.:thumbup: I am in the process of resurrecting a 110 year old lathe and my ultimate aim is to produce a "Hit And Miss" single cylinder IC engine. I am starting with simple steam/air powered oscillating engines (wobblers?) and then hopefully progress from there. Lathe and skills permitting. Yes I did say resurrecting the lathe, until a couple of weeks ago I didn't even know who made it originally. It has been that modified/abused over its life that would be beyond my resources to renovate to original, I just wanted a lathe I could use and learn with. As I see a lot of members saying at last I am making CHIPS.... I call it SWARF..;) *beer*
Just got the materials to build a very simple Oscillating motor today so looks like I will be scattering brass everywhere this weekend. That's OK left ready meals in fridge for "HER THAT MUST BE OBEYED":hDe:

Hi JC54. Love to see some pics of your progress when you have the time

Back