Intro

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badhippie

Reaction score
Hello and say a little bout myself. I have been troubleshooting and rebuilding Engines gas and diesels,Transmissions auto and manual. Professionally For just over 30 yrs now. The last 8 yrs have been on locomotive engines and the last 4 yrs of that have been in charge of our Component Rebuild shop. ( engines,traction motors,generators ETC) Including our in house machine shop I have almost always done my own machine work on the engines. I am all self taught on engine machining and machine shop practices. I am not an expert on any one machine or operation. I am what we call Certified Dangerous on most manual machinery and operations.
Thank you

Welcome badhippie! Join the club, (oh yeah you just did) most here are self taught but there are some professionals too. What types of projects interest you? I personally like the multi-cylinder internal combustion stuff.

Hi Badhippie and welcome to the club. I don't suppose you live near Hallett cove South Australia. My Ford Capri auto transmission got big Gremlins in it. :fan:

Hello and Thanks for the welcome
I guess I forgot to mention what I am interested in I like all the mini IC engines.
I would also love to be able to design a running 1/4 scale model of a E.M.D. 645E Diesel Engine
from a locomotive. Man what a undertaking that would be

Hello and Thanks for the welcome
I would also love to be able to design a running 1/4 scale model of a E.M.D. 645E Diesel Engine
from a locomotive. Man what a undertaking that would be

You can do it if you want one bad enough. Get a few running engines under your belt and then go for it. I had one runner myself before I went for the V8. Took 2-1/2 years to design and build but it runs now. Never know until you try and with the support of the forum you have an above average chance of success.

Welcome BadHippie from the fringes of civilisation

Jim

Back