Interesting Build Materials For Elbow Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outback Joe

Reaction score
Since we have been locked down here in Oregon (and going crazy)I wanted to try an Elbow Engine. But being short of the correct materials I tried something different, well very different. It runs but not as well as using the correct materials. I think I have strayed as far off the path as possible. Here are a few photos of my Lockdown Elbow Engine.

Attachments

• Elbow 1.jpg
    Elbow 1.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 299
  • Elbow 2.jpg
    Elbow 2.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 284
  • Elbow 3.jpg
    Elbow 3.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 274
I gotta say that I like it. Not the usual, but unusual designs and materials stretch the mind.

Can you show us a video?

--ShopShoe

P.S.: Someone was going to make an engine from granite a few years back and I always wondered if it was finished.

I would love to show you a video BUT, I had to go over 100 PSI to get this to start to run and 120 PSI for a slow run. I don't want to try my luck with very sketchy materials again. I just wanted something easy and quick just to see if it could be done, yes it works but its a total failure due to materials used.

Will try one with the correct materials later this winter or early spring. Hope for better results then.

Back